Instagram trends and features to watch out for in 2022
With Instagram ever evolving, the last year has seen Instagram trialling a tonne of new features and trends but it looks like they've got even more tricks up their sleeve for 2022. In this blog, we will explore some of the trends and features Instagram are looking to introduce that you don't want to miss!
1. As we all know, Reels are BIG on Instagram and they are only going to get bigger, especially dance competitions so be sure to hop on the craze and bust out your best moves. If you haven't started creating Reels, make it your 2022 goal to get creative - perhaps you can get started by utilising the new 'Reply with Reels' feature to bounce off some of the Reels your audience has already created?
2. In addition to Reels, Instagram is removing IGTV and introducing Instagram Live! Rather than writing out your blogs, why not try livestreaming your content and immediately interact with your audience instead?
3. Links are no longer just for those with over 10,000 followers - using the 'link' sticker in your stories, you can now add clickable URL to help drive traffic wherever you need.
4. Controlling your feed - Instagram have confirmed that they will be returning to chronological feeds, however, they won't be compulsory and instead, you will be able to choose how your feed is ordered. Do you prefer chronological ordering?
5. Have you seen the 'add yours' posts on Stories? Add a photo of a time you felt great, or your favourite picture of your dog? These photo challenges are editable so you can create your own theme to help engage with your followers. Have you done one yet?
6. Do you use e-commerce for your business? If you're not already using Instagram Shopping - don't delay and get involved now! Instagram is expecting it to go massive this year!
These are just some of the features and trends that Instagram are exploring, however, it is only January so who knows what other tricks and treats they have still to come.
If you need a hand with any aspect of your social media marketing, get in touch today to arrange a chat.